RAIL: TTCE versus Train-line
If you currently have an account setup with Trainline and book directly. If I based your average rail ticket cost at £100.00 the booking fee comparison is as follows:
Fees based on a ticket of £100.00:
Train-line = £1.50 booking fee + 2% Credit card fee =£3.53
= £3.00 flat fee for TOD or delivery and would be billed onto account =£3.00
We would be cheaper than the Trainline on all tickets over £75.00.
Anything under £75.00 we would be more expensive by a matter of pence.
What other benefits are there of booking rail through TTCE?
1. We process your refunds which can be quite time consuming
2. All tickets are prepaid including ticket on departures (using the same card to collect the tickets that paid for them is not needed with our bookings)
3. We save you time reconciling card statements
4. We are proactive and exchange advance tickets (subject to the T&C’s)
5. We provide detailed reporting on rail spend (good and bad practice / booking horizons / suggested savings hints and tips)
6. Our system detects when the lower fare has been missed at the time of booking.
7. We offer seat only reservations
8. Flights, rail and hotels can all be booked on one system.
HOTEL RESERVATIONS: TTCE versus Online websites
I understand you can use a variety of hotel websites to book room nights. I am unsure of your volume; budget or how you control what is spent. I would like to say the hotel system we have is the most comprehensive available although I can never guarantee that.
We have a mix of hotel rates chosen from reliable sources, these are Expedia, Late Rooms and our live agent feed from the hotels directly. We choose our rates from reliable sources so we can ensure that costs can be billed back and are priced accurately and clearly state what is included in the rate.
TTCE Fees: Our fees for hotel bookings are below:
Pay on departure: Nil
Bill back to company: 2.5% where the rate is commissionable or 2.5% plus a £5 booking fee where the rate is non-commissionable (95% of hotel bookings are commissionable)
I am aware that no fees apply to the majority of online hotel sites, but do not offer hotel bill-back onto account.
What other benefits are there of booking hotels through TTCE?
1. We offer a bill-back service. This avoids the passenger paying on departure and time consuming expenses and statement reconciliation processes. We feel 2.5% offers excellent value for this.
2. If you wish to pay on departure we charge no fee (same as on other websites)
3. We provide a VAT breakdown on hotels which you are entitled to claim back. 20% of all hotel bills are based on a rough guess on your hotel expenditure a significant amount of money.
Hotel rates booked through sites such as Opodo, Kayak, and Trigavo are classed as leisure bookings rather than business and therefore no VAT breakdown is provided.
4. Our system can have a built-in travel policy, regional room rate caps and reporting can be very beneficial.
5. Ease of access. As with rail hotels are all under one system with one login.
6. If we are aware of your travel spend we can identify patterns and use our contacts within the industry to setup negotiated rates
7. Flights, rail and hotels can all be booked on one system.
TTCE versus Booking Independently
In cost terms alone, you have the hidden cost of researching, billing and reconciliation can be both cost and time expensive.
Research from Cornell University confirms that it can take 37.5 minutes to complete each Internet search for travel and that it can take up to 12 searches before a booking is made.
Factoring in back-office processing per invoice / credit card payment / expenses can cost upwards of £20 per invoice.
If we based a very rough guesstimate of the number of hotel bookings you make as 400 that means that your reconciliation costs are 400 x £20 = £8000.
If we add in the cost of searching and booking online based on 2 visits (37.5 minutes per visit) to the Internet (75 minutes) then the cost in salary is £15.38 per booking (based an average UK PA salary of £24,000 (source: Payscale). For 400 hotel bookings this costs you £6152.
Total hidden cost is £8000 + £6152 = £14152.
Rail, air and other ancillary travel will add significantly to this.
Once we have detailed travel data for your expenditure and number of transactions we can run a cost comparison of what our fees would total.
Additional benefits of using TTCE for all your travel requirements?
Management Information (Accurate travel reporting for the whole of xxx): The reporting I provide monthly will be more comprehensive. We can identify travel patterns, areas for savings and give clear info on travel spend.
Duty of care – If we book all travel we can identify and locate passengers and help assist should there be any delays, cancellations or problems with their travel plans.
Account and Supply-chain Management: we give you an expert travel consultancy that recommends better buying procedures, cost and time analysis, supplier negotiations and long-term procurement strategies, consolidated billing and credit facilities.
Click here for: Foreign Commonwealth & Development Office travel advice.
Many of the flights and flight-inclusive holidays on this website are financially protected by the ATOL scheme. But ATOL protection does not apply to all holiday and travel services listed on this website. Please ask us to confirm what protection may apply to your booking. If you do not receive an ATOL Certificate then the booking will not be ATOL protected. If you do receive an ATOL Certificate but all the parts of your trip are not listed on it, those parts will not be ATOL protected. Please see our booking conditions for information, or for more information about financial protection and the ATOL Certificate go to: www.atol.org.uk/ATOLCertificate
Book with confidence. We are a Member of ABTA which means you have the benefit of ABTA's assistance and Code of Conduct. All the package and Flight-Plus holidays we sell are covered by a scheme protecting your money if the supplier fails. Other services such as business travel, hotels or flights on their own may not be protected and you should ask us what protection is available. To find out more please go to www.abta.com Our numbers are W9294, C7292, J2696.
The air holiday packages advertised on this website are ATOL Protected by the Civil Aviation Authority, as we act as an agent for licensed tour operators and we can ATOL protect our own tailor-made itineraries for you. The names and ATOL numbers of each tour operators are displayed with each holiday offer shown and when enquiring with us about your holiday we will advise who is ATOL protecting your booking and confirm their ATOL number. Our ATOL number is 9150. You can check an ATOL number here